Friday 26 June 2009

The Initial Idea for the

I am usually not a fan of confetti as i think it looks very tacky. but this photo has converted me i think it looks simple yet elegant.


The main reason for the sikh engagement is the shagun so i think rather than just handing over the money it would be nice to give it in a pretty shagun envelope


So my initial thinking about the engagement ceremony is either a theme of blue or yellow. Im going to start off by exploring the yellow theme. As the engagement is going to take place at my house the decoration needs to be one colour and in-exspensive.

I really like the candles and lanterns, these could be placed on the table for when the 'mundai wale' (grooms family) come.

Found these cute pom poms on the Martha Stewart Weddings website, apparently very easy to create yourself using tissue paper (we'll see about that!!!), I think this is a more sofisticated way of using tissue paper to make decoration, they would look beautiful on the engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment